Ok – This is a quick list I made – off the top of my head. I was brainstorming ways that I use Twitter to stay in Shape…
Whether it’s pilates, kettlebells, yoga, or hiking…you will find people doing your favorite activity on Twitter. If you haven’t checked Twitter out yet, you should…It’s fun…and clearly as I share below…it can help you get & stay in shape.
- Find a Workout Buddy
- Tweet your food journal
- Keep In Touch with your trainer or class teacher
- Get new workouts & tips from your trainer
- Find fitness tips from other trainers and resources
- Stay motivated by learning what other people are doing
- Post your daily workout to share with friends and your trainer
- Find someone that inspires you to get in shape and follow them–i.e. Jen Garner, Jennifer Biel, Rachel Nichols
- Read, Post, and Share Motivational Quotes
- Create a blog and post on twitter when you update it.
Here’s the top people/users I would follow just be on top of different ways of getting in shape, eating right and living a healthy lifestyle:
- @mbthin (one of my workout buddies!)
There are a ton more to follow. Do a search for different people or companies or “diet” names — or anyone that you might know and think can give you good information.
The importance of Twitter is in helping you join/build a tribe of people that share a common goal. Sure you could get carried away with how many people are following you, but if you go into Twitter with the goal of gaining new knowledge, you won’t go wrong. You might meet some fun new people going through exactly what you are!
If you’d like to try pilates and get more information on joining the Twitter tweeters, reserve your first private pilates session with me today!